Boddington - Narrogin                         

Home

 

Locations or Stopping Places

Boddington to Narrogin Section

This page is under construction

To travel to a particular Station, Siding or Place click on that location

All Mileage /Kilometre locations are by rail from Pinjarra

Station Mileage Kms

Altitude (Feet)

Altitude (Metres)

Ranford

99m 52

73

 

 

Mooliaman

101m 52c

77

 

 

Crossman

105m 62c

83

740

226

Waitemata

108m 73c

88

 

 

Dwarda

111m 64c

93

790

241

Hotham River bridge

112m 57c

94

 

 

Hotham River bridge

114m 74c

98

 

 

Ballast Pit Siding

117m 70c

103

 

 

Mooterdine

119m 45c

106

843

257

Congelin

127m 60c

119

900

274

Contine

133m 47c

128

1003

306

Minniging

138m 56c

136

1227

374

Yorlok

144m 40c

146

1273

388

Narrogin

148m 74c

153

1115

340

This table Compiled by Jeff Austin, January 2005

The next station stop or siding heading east from Boddington is :

Mooliaman :

Was a watering stop for the railway line. This tank is still in situ as at April 2004

Crossman :

Another siding built by the WAGR for crossing of trains, and stowage of wagons.

Dwarda :

Dwarda is a townsite in the south west 11km south of Wandering. The survey of a townsite in this vicinity was first requested by the Wandering Roads Board in 1912, the place being the proposed terminus of an extension to the Hotham Valley Railway. The name "Dampier" was suggested for the siding , and was used for a few months, but was replaced by "Dwarda" in 1913. The name is a contraction of the name of a nearby gully, "Dwardardine Ck". Taking its name from the siding, Dwarda townsite was gazeted in 1914. Dwarda is an Aboriginal word meaning Dingo.

A barracks was provided for the crews as well as locomotive servicing facilities

Mooterdine :

Another siding built by the WAGR for crossing of trains, and stowage of wagons.

Congelin :

A townsite in the South West between Narrogin and Wandering, Congelin was gazetted in 1913. The townsite was requested by the "14 Mile Brook Progress Association"in 1911, and the name was derived from a nearby pool. The name is Aboriginal, of unknown meaning. This was also a watering stop for the railway. The dam which supplied water remains today.

Remains of trestle bridge near  Congelin on 14mile brook

Contine :

Another siding built by the WAGR for crossing of trains, and stowage of wagons.

Minninging :

Another siding built by the WAGR for crossing of trains, and stowage of wagons.

Yorlock :

Another siding built by the WAGR for crossing of trains, and stowage of wagons.

Narrogin :

The townsite of Narrogin is located in the great southern agricultural region, 192 km south east of Perth and 32 km east north east of Williams. It is located on the Great Southern Railway. When this line was opened in 1889, Narrogin was one of the original stopping places on the GSR. The railway line was a private line, and the Company that built the line declared a private townsite here in 1891. The railway was purchased by the Government in 1896, and in 1897 Narrogin was gazetted as a government townsite.

Narrogin is the Eastern Destination of the Hotham Valley Branch.

WAGR cross country lines from Pinjarra via Dwellingup & Boddington, and Brunswick Junction via Collie & Williams made Narrogin a very busy railway town.

Click here to return to Pinjarra

Any further Information or Photographs that relate to these places would be gratefully appreciated - mail to : Webmaster

 

 

 Donations Welcome

HVR is a Volunteer Operated, Registered Tax Deductible Gift Recipient

          For Hotham Valley Bookings Call : Australia 08 6278 1111

            Web site built by N. Blinco. Maintained by Karen Fisher - Webmaster - Pemberton Tramway Co